Ehsaas Aghosh Program
Ehsaas Aghosh Program helps poor and vulnerable families with pregnant and new moms. It wants to make sure that children have a healthy start in their first 1,000 days of life, which is very important for their brain and body growth. The program has two parts:
The program gives special support to moms who don’t have much money. To get this help, moms need to do certain things like going for check-ups when they are pregnant, having trained people help them during childbirth, getting their babies vaccinated, and learning about health and nutrition.
The program also works on making Basic Health Units better. They do this by giving them more resources and staff. These centers will be able to provide good healthcare to pregnant and new moms, and their babies too, so that everyone can stay healthy during this important time.
Ehsaas Aghosh Program Benefits and Facilities:
The Ehsaas Aghosh program offers numerous benefits, including financial support of Rs 17,000 for eligible mothers. The disbursement details are as follows:
- Rs 1,000 on each of the four antenatal care (ANC) visits.
At the Time of Delivery:
- Rs 3,000 provided upon delivery of the baby.
- Rs 1,000 given on each of the eight visits for the child’s immunization, following the EPI schedule.
Issuance of Birth Certificate:
- Rs 2,000 will be given after obtaining the newborn’s birth certificate from the relevant Union Council.
All payments will be made through the HBL connect center, and it is essential to carry your CNIC for the process.
The Ehsaas Aghosh Program offers the Following Facilities and Benefits:
Upgraded Health Services:
- BHUs and RHCs are equipped with the latest medical equipment to provide 24/7 health services. Qualified staff, including medical officers, WMOs, and lady health workers, are selected to serve the community.
- Patients receive free medicines at BHUs and RHCs.
Counseling for Mothers:
- Free counseling sessions are available to motivate and guide mothers on breastfeeding and self-care.
Aghosh Homes Sessions:
- Free sessions are provided to help mothers cope with behavioral changes during the postnatal period.
- Encouraging breastfeeding helps protect children from Acute Respiratory Infections.
The Ehsaas Aghosh Program aims to ensure the well-being of mothers and newborns by providing financial aid and essential healthcare facilities to create a healthy and nurturing environment for early childhood development.
Aghosh Program 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To get financial aid of 17,000 rupees from the Aghosh Program in Punjab, you need to meet specific conditions. This program helps deserving people, and you must fulfill the following requirements:
Pregnant or Breastfeeding Moms:
- If you are a pregnant woman or a mom who is breastfeeding your baby, you can apply for the program.
Valid ID Card:
- You should have a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) issued by the government.
Birth Certificate for Newborn:
- If you are applying for your newborn, make sure to have a valid birth certificate for your baby as proof.
- This program is for people who are going through financial difficulties. They will assess your situation based on your poverty score to see if you qualify.
By meeting these criteria, pregnant and breastfeeding moms, along with their newborns, can receive financial assistance from the Aghosh Program. This support will help you take care of yourself and your baby during this important time.
Districts Included in the Ehsaas Aghosh Program:
The Ehsaas Aghosh Program 2023 commenced its first phase, encompassing several districts. These districts are:
- Rajanpur: Located in Punjab, Pakistan, Rajanpur is one of the districts where the program was introduced.
- Khanewal: Also situated in Punjab, Khanewal is another district that is part of the initial phase of the Aghosh Program.
- Khyber: This district is in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and is one of the areas covered by the program.
- Upper Dir: Another district in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Upper Dir, is included in the Aghosh Program.
- Kalat: Kalat district is part of Balochistan province and is among the districts benefiting from the program.
- Sorab: Located in Balochistan as well, Sorab is one of the districts included in the program.
- Lasbela: Lasbela district, situated in Balochistan, is also part of the Aghosh Program.
- Bagh: Bagh is in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and is among the districts covered by the program.
- Hatian Bala: Also situated in AJK, Hatian Bala is part of the program.
- Khurramang: Khurramang district is in AJK and is included in the Aghosh Program.
- Diamer: Diamer district, located in Gilgit-Baltistan, is among the areas covered by the program.
- Astor: Astor district in Gilgit-Baltistan is also included in the Aghosh Program.
- Badin: Badin district is in Sindh province and is part of the initial phase of the program.
- Dadu: Dadu district, situated in Sindh, is among the districts benefiting from the Aghosh Program.
- Islamabad: The federal capital territory, Islamabad, is also included in the program.
These districts have been selected to implement the Aghosh Program, ensuring that eligible families in these areas receive the necessary support and benefits for the well-being of pregnant and lactating mothers and their children.
شہناز بی بی اپنے نومولود بیٹے کا مرکزِ صحت سے طبی معائنہ اور ویکسینیشن شیڈول کے مطابق مکمل کرارہی ہیں۔ وہ پی ایس پی اے کے پنجاب ہیومن کیپٹل انویسٹمنٹ پراجیکٹ کے آغوش پروگرام کی مالی معاونت اور مرکزِصحت پر موجود سہولیات سے بہت مطمئن ہیں۔#GovtOfPunjab #PSPA #PHCIP #Aaghosh #BISP pic.twitter.com/UOXD3StYG1
— PHCIP (@phcip_official) June 20, 2023
What conditions do I need to fulfill to receive financial aid from the Aghosh Program?
- To receive financial aid from the Aghosh Program, you should be a part of a BISP beneficiary family (as a daughter-in-law or a beneficiary yourself) and be either pregnant or a mother with a child under two years of age.
Is this program run by the Punjab Government?
- Yes, the program is initiated by the Punjab Social Protection Authority (PSPA) in collaboration with the Punjab Human Capital Investment Project (PHCIP) and with support from the World Bank.
I am a beneficiary of the Benazir Income Support Program, but I am not receiving financial aid under the Aghosh Program. Why is that?
- The Aghosh Program provides assistance to eligible BISP beneficiary families. If you meet the criteria, please visit your nearest Basic Health Unit (BHU) for registration.
Where can I get more information about the program and how to register?
- For more information, visit Health Centers, such as Basic Health Units (BHUs) or Tehsil/District Head Quarters (Hospitals), or contact the Health Department Helpline at 1221 or Punjab Social Protection Authority (PSPA) at 042-99232359-60.
I am pregnant and under 18 years old, but I don’t have a National Identity Card (CNIC). Can I still register for the Aghosh Program?
- To be part of the program, you need to have a valid CNIC and be a part of a BISP beneficiary family. If you do not have a CNIC, you should visit the nearest NADRA office for identification.
How can I withdraw the financial aid provided under the Aghosh Program?
- Beneficiaries can withdraw the financial aid from designated HBL Konnect Centers, except for those with fingerprint issues who will need to visit the bank branch.
Note: Please note that all the information provided in this post is obtained from official sources and other reliable resources. However, It is advised not to share your ID card number or mobile phone number here. Thank you for your understanding. We are solely focused on sharing information on ehsaas-porgrams.pk.