Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program in Pakistan helps students from low-income families get a fair chance at higher education. Right now, not many of these students can go to college. Only 0.4% of them are enrolled, while the national average is 10%.
Pakistan has a lot of young people, and the government wants to make sure that deserving students can go to college, no matter how much money their families have. They also want to make sure that boys and girls have equal opportunities. The goal is to give many young people the chance to get a college education and bridge the educational gap that exists.
The Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program gives money to students who need help paying for college. The money covers not just tuition fees but also things like books, housing, and living expenses. By removing the money problems, the program hopes to help more students go to college.
The main goal of the program is to create a fair system where everyone has the same chance at higher education. It focuses on helping students from families with less money and making sure that boys and girls are treated equally. With the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program, the government wants to make college more accessible and give everyone a fair shot, no matter how much money they have.
Main Purpose of the Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program in Pakistan aims to support financially constrained students pursuing higher education. It focuses specifically on undergraduate programs, covering tuition fees and providing stipends for the entire degree duration. The project encompasses a wide range of academic fields, promoting equal opportunities for students across diverse disciplines.
With a commitment to gender equality, the project reserves 50% of the scholarships for female students, bridging the gap in educational access and empowering women. Additionally, it allocates 2% of the scholarships to support physically challenged students, ensuring inclusivity.
By targeting vulnerable students, the project aims to break the cycle of poverty and empower disadvantaged households. It contributes to the development of a skilled workforce and encourages students facing financial constraints to continue their education. Through financial support and barrier removal, the project provides opportunities for students to pursue their academic aspirations and reach their full potential.
The long-term impact of the project extends beyond individual students, benefiting their families and the wider community. By fostering socio-economic development through increased access to higher education, the Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship Project promotes inclusivity, prosperity, and a more equitable society in Pakistan.
The Program provides funds for the following expenses:
- University fees: The program covers the actual university fees, ensuring that students are relieved of the financial burden of their tuition expenses.
- Annual stipend: Students also receive an annual stipend as part of the program, which helps support their living expenses and other related costs during their academic journey.
List of Universities for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
Here is a list of public sector universities/degree awarding institutions in Sindh, Punjab, ICT, KPK, Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan, and AJ&K:
|Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law, Karachi
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Benzirabad Nawabshah
|Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
|Sukkur Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
|Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University Lyari, Karachi
|Dawood UET Karachi
|Shah Abdul Latif University, Khairpur
|The University of Karachi
|Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Medical University, Larkana
|Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi
|Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
|Benazir Bhutto Shaheed University of Technology and Skill Development, Khairpur Mirs
|Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences, Jamshoro
|Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro
|Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences, Nawabshah
|NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Sakrand
|Sindh Madressatul Islam University, Karachi
|The University of Sufism and Modern Sciences, Bhitshah
|University of Sindh, Jamshoro
|Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences for Women, Nawabshah
|Jinnah Sindh Medical University, Karachi
|Government College University, Hyderabad
|The Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur
|The Begum Nusrat Bhutto Women University, Sukkur
|Punjab Tianjin University of Technology, Lahore
|Government College University, Lahore
|Government College Women University, Sialkot
|Information Technology University, Lahore
|King Edward Medical University, Lahore
|Kinnaird College For Women, Lahore
|Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
|National College of Arts, Lahore
|National Textile University, Faisalabad
|Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
|Rawalpindi Medical University, Rawalpindi
|University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore
|Punjab Forensic Science Agency, Lahore
|University of Narowal, Narowal
|Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
|University of Okara, Okara
|University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila
|University of Sahiwal, Sahiwal
|University of Gujrat, Gujrat
|University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore
|University of the Punjab, Lahore
|University of Education, Lahore
|University of Health Sciences, Lahore
|University of Sargodha, Sargodha
|Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
|Government College University, Faisalabad
|Government College Women University, Faisalabad
|University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
|Ghazi University, Dera Ghazi Khan
|Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
|The Women University, Multan
|Muhammad Nawaz Sharif University of Engineering and Technology, Multan
|Muhammad Nawaz Sharif Agriculture University, Multan
|National Fertilizer Corporation Employees Welfare Trust Institute of Engineering and Technology, Multan
|Nishtar Medical University, Multan
|Islamia University, Bahawalpur
|Govt. Sadiq College Women University, Bahawalpur
|Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bahawalpur
|Khawaja Fareed University of Engineering and Information Technology, Rahim Yar Khan
|Faisalabad Medical University, Faisalabad
|Rawalpindi Women University, Rawalpindi
|University of Mianwali, Mianwali
|University of Home Economics, Lahore
|University of Chakwal, Chakwal
|Kohsar University, Murree
|University of Jhang, Jhang
|Mir Chakar Khan Rind University of Technology, Dera Ghazi Khan
|Air University, Islamabad
|Bahria University, Islamabad
|Federal Urdu University of Arts, Sciences and Technology, Islamabad
|International Islamic University, Islamabad
|Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad
|National Defence University, Islamabad
|National University of Modern Languages, Islamabad
|National University of Medical Sciences, Rawalpindi
|National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad
|National University of Technology, Islamabad
|Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Islamabad
|Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad
|Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University, Islamabad
|COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
|National Skills University, Islamabad
|FATA University, Darra Adam Khel
|Agriculture University, Peshawar
|Women University, Mardan
|University of Engineering and Technology, Mardan
|Women University, Swabi
|University of Swabi, Swabi
|Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar
|Islamia College, Peshawar
|University of Engineering and Technology, Peshawar
|University of Haripur, Haripur
|Khushal Khan Khattak University, Karak
|University of Technology, Nowshera
|Kohat University of Science and Technology, Kohat
|University of Buner, Buner
|Abbottabad University of Science and Technology, Abbottabad
|Khyber Medical University, Peshawar
|Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Sheringal, Dir Upper
|Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan
|University of Swat, Swat
|University of Malakand, Malakand
|University of Lakki Marwat, Lakki Marwat
|Hazara University, Mansehra
|University of Peshawar, Peshawar
|University of Chitral, Chitral
|University of Science and Technology, Bannu
|Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University, Peshawar
|Bacha Khan University, Charsadda
|Pak-Austria Fachhochschule Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology, Haripur
|The University of Agriculture, Dera Ismail Khan
|University of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar
|Lasbela University of Agriculture, Water and Marine Sciences, Uthal
|Sardar Bahadur Khan Women’s University, Quetta
|University of Turbat, Turbat
|University of Loralai, Loralai
|Balochistan University of Information Technology, Engineering, and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), Quetta
|Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences, Quetta
|University of Balochistan, Quetta
|Mir Chakar Khan Rind University, Sibi
|Karakoram International University, Gilgit
|University of Baltistan, Skardu
|Mirpur University of Science and Technology, Mirpur
|Azad Jammu and Kashmir University, Muzaffarabad
|Women University, Bagh, AJK
|University of Poonch, Rawalakot
|University of Kotli, Kotli, AJK
|University of Management Sciences and Information Technology, Kotli
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship:
- The scholarships are offered to newly admitted students for the Fall 2021 session in public sector universities recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
- Students must meet the criteria of financial need and provide authentic information as required by the project’s policy.
- Admissions must be secured solely based on merit, meaning that the student has fulfilled the admission requirements of the chosen institution.
- The degree programs must be approved by the HEC.
- The maximum age for eligibility is determined by the institution’s regulations, which align with the maximum age for applying to undergraduate programs.
- Students who are already availing of any other scholarship or continuous grant are not eligible.
- Students enrolled in distance learning programs and affiliated colleges (both public and private) are ineligible.
- Students who have secured admission on a self-sustain/self-support/self-finance basis or in evening programs with higher fee structures are not eligible.
- Students enrolled in two-year post-higher secondary or equivalent programs, two-year associate degree programs, Master’s programs, and BA/BSc programs are not eligible for the Ahsas Scholarship.
- Students with associate degrees who are newly enrolled in lateral undergraduate degree programs, specifically the 5th semester, are also ineligible.
Please note that the information provided is based on the given eligibility criteria and may be subject to change or further details provided by the scholarship program.
Supporting Documents for Applying:
To apply for the Undergraduate Scholarship Project, you will need to provide the following supporting documents:
- Copy of your CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card) or B. Form (Birth Registration Form).
- Copies of CNICs for your father, mother, or guardian.
- Salary slip or income certificate of your father/guardian and mother, if applicable.
- If your father works as a daily wage laborer, shopkeeper, or in the private sector, you need to attach an undertaking of income certificate on a stamp paper worth at least Rs. 50/-.
- Copies of the utility bills (electricity, gas, telephone, water) for the past six months, if applicable.
- Copy of the rent agreement if your house is rented.
- Copies of the latest fee receipts for you and your siblings, if applicable.
- Copies of medical bills or any other documents related to expenses, if applicable.
- One passport-size photograph of yourself.
- One picture of the front of your house from the outside.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2023-24 Online Apply
To apply for the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24, please follow these steps:
- Visit the official website: https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk/.
- Look for the online application system on the homepage and click on the provided link or button to access the application form.
- Fill out the application form accurately and provide complete information. Make sure to include all the required details such as personal information, educational background, family income, and any other requested information.
- Double-check the application form to ensure that all the provided information is correct and accurate.
- Once you have reviewed the form, submit it through the online system. Take note of any reference or confirmation number provided as proof of submission.
- It is recommended to print a copy of the application form for your records.
- Attach the supporting documents mentioned earlier in this conversation to the printed application form.
- Ensure that you submit the application form along with the supporting documents before the specified deadline mentioned in the scholarship guidelines or on the official website.
By following these steps and submitting your application online, you will successfully complete the application process for the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship 2023-24.
Scholarship Award Process:
To apply for the scholarship, students need to submit their applications through the online system. It is important to note that only submitted applications will be considered, and applications saved in the “Saved” mode will not be accepted.
In addition to the online application, applicants are required to submit hard copies of the application form and supporting documents to the financial aid office of their university before the specified deadline. The website provides a list of the required supporting documents.
The university’s Scrutiny Committee will review all applications and shortlist candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have provided all the necessary information, such as proof of family income, assets, academic record, and age (if applicable).
Incomplete application forms will be rejected, so it is crucial to ensure all sections are properly filled.
The Institutional Scholarship Award Committee of the university will then conduct interviews or make recommendations for potential scholarship recipients.
Once selected, scholarship awardees will be required to sign a deed of agreement on stamp paper.
The Financial Aid Office of the university will issue the Final Scholarship Award Letter to the recipients.
It is important to note that the awarded scholarship is specific to the university, academic program, and academic session mentioned in the application. It cannot be transferred to any other university or program.
Continuation of scholarship funding for the next semester or year is subject to satisfactory academic performance.
Note: Please note that all the information provided in this post is obtained from official sources and other reliable resources. It is advised not to share your ID card number or mobile phone number here. Thank you for your understanding. We are solely focused on sharing information on ehsaas-porgrams.pk.